When Disaster Strikes Your Orland Park Commercial Business
Some commercial business owners treat property issues as part of doing business, but dealing with Palos Park flood damage can be sometimes problematic. Flood damage can destroy inventory, stock, supplies, office furniture, documents and electronic equipment as well as cause structural damage. Also, there could be potential health effects arising from contaminated water and possible mold contamination. SERVPRO suggests the following to help mitigate water damage to your business facility.
In many cases, flood damage results from the effects of a storm. There are several types of water damage that can result from storm surges. Some of them include:
• Building displacement or damage
• Mold growth in commercial properties within walls or HVAC systems
• Damage to coastal rail lines, highways, or roads resulting in less accessibility for transportation
• Loss of business, closed doors means lost commercial cash flow, less rent, and loss of customer traffic
How to Save on Flood Damage Restoration
Have a flood insurance program? By purchasing business interruption insurance, you can gain reimbursement for a claim and lessen the impact of no revenue stream and thus lower your total costs. SERVPRO is recognized as a preferred vendor by many insurance and management companies. We can help speed the process of water damage restoration. The best way to reduce or prevent damages generated by storm surges is to implement strategies before the onset of hurricane season. Here are some strategies you should implement:
• Build higher. If you own your commercial building, consider the value of finding the property's base flood elevation and building above it. Hire a structural engineer to offer a plan to reinforce your commercial property.
• Place valuables higher. If your building contains more than one floor, be sure to move valuable assets, technical equipment, and computers to the second floor.
• Invest in preventative installations. Be sure to install some back-flow valves in the property's sewer lines. These valves will prevent city sewage from flowing into your property in the event of a storm surge. Have available access to water surge barricading materials such as sandbags. Also, be sure to elevate electrical systems such as extension cords above the region's flood level. You can also utilize cinder blocks to raise your appliances and most valuable assets above anticipated flood levels.
• Select fast-drying material. Carpeting and wet drywall are susceptible to damage from mold. These porous-surfaced building materials normally require discarding after flooding due to contaminants and mold growth. Build or replace with stone products, tile and no cardboard backed gypsum materials.
To ensure your Palos Heights commercial property can withstand water damage resulting from floods be sure to implement the strategies outlined above. Post flooding, the most urgent action is to extract the standing water from the premises. Our company has the equipment, training, and expertise to dry out your building, repair material damage, clean, and sanitize your business. Our IICRC-certified professionals are skilled in thoroughly restoring your property to its previous safe, sanitary condition. "Like it never even happened." Let's get you open for business.