Commercial Water Damage in Orland Park
Commercial Building Restoration Services
When flooding or fires happen, they may occur at your office or business. Who do you call? Being prepared is the first step and may score you brownie points with your boss if you know the right company to call in an emergency.
SERVPRO of Orland Park is available 24 hours a day to restore your Orland Park commercial property and get you back to business. We have the expertise, equipment, and highly trained personnel to handle your commercial water, fire, or mold damage. We can also access the resources of our national network of 1,650 Franchises to handle large commercial projects and major storm events. Learn more about our commercial restoration services:
Grilling Safety Tips to Prevent Fires
When the warmer weather hits, there is nothing better than the smell of food on the grill. According to the NFPA three out of five households own a gas grill, which means there’s an increased risk of fires in homes.
Each year an average of 8,900 of home fires are caused by grilling, and close to half of all the injuries involving grills are due to thermal burns.
Even though nearly half the people who grill do it year round, most of the injuries happen in the month of July, followed by May, June and August.
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- Be sure to place your grill well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in the trays below the grill.
SERVPRO Acts Fast With Water Extraction Services
Acting quickly after water damage is critical
Water extraction is probably not something that home and business owners spend a lot of time thinking about. This service usually only becomes necessary in an emergency situation. This may happen after a heavy rainfall or a burst pipe or sewer drain overflow. This is when the removal of water becomes critical.
SERVPRO of Orland Park is available 24/7 to mitigate the damage caused by water accumulation. We not only remove the water quickly, but also work to salvage any furniture or equipment that we can. The main goal of our services is to help people in Orland Park recover quickly so they can continue on with their lives and businesses.
No matter how big a problem, or how small a leak, we can help with our water extraction services.
CALL US TODAY (708) 532-3377
Water Damage Restoration in Orland Park
Acting quickly when you have water damage, can help prevent the damage from intensifying.
We’re heading into the summer season, and while we’re hoping for sunshine and warm temperatures, we also fully anticipate rain showers and thunderstorms. Rain showers, thunderstorms, and other severe weather can be a real headache for homeowners, leaving behind the potential for flooded basements and waterlogged backyards. If you’re dealing with a flooded basement, it may be time to call SERVPRO of Orland Park to assist you with your water damage restoration.
Natural disasters can hit at any time. Sometimes, this causes water damage and flooded basements or maybe even entire homes. When these disasters hit, it always seems to be at the worst time and it can be very devastating. From soaking wet carpets and floors to water damaged walls and furniture, disasters such as these can be quite stressful, leaving you and your family with a heavy burden on your shoulders. Not only can flooding cause structural damage and loss of possessions, but it can also bring the threat of mold, which can be cause undue worry, and put a strain on your finances.
When water damages your home, if you act quickly, you can eliminate the risk of the damage intensifying. Our teams at SERVPRO of Orland Park can handle your restoration needs. We are available 24/7 365 days a year to provide an immediate response.
Call us today 708-532-3377 to set up your appointment for water damage restoration services. We provide water damage restoration services without damage to your pocketbook.
Storm Damage Restoration in Oak Forest
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage.
Chicago is called the "windy city" but sometimes it feels like it should be called the "city of flooded basements." Over the past few years, there has been an increase of flooding in the Chicago area and that's worth paying attention to.
When it comes to water damage, it can cost you more if you ignore it. Most homeowners and business owners only think of the costs of replacing products, equipment and personal property. But what about those other costs? You also have to consider costs that you might pay such as rent, loans, wages, etc. Not to mention your business would lose operating profit from not being open and the inconvenience of having to relocate.
SERVPRO of Orland Park specializes in water-related cleanup and restoration services. We have completed numerous restoration projects in the Orland Park area. Our technicians are thoroughly trained both on-site as well as classroom instruction on restoration best practices.
Here are a few of the water damage restoration services we provide:
- Water removal
- Damage restoration
- Clothing restoration
- Electronics repair
- Deodorization and carpet cleaning
- Photo documentation of the site
- Insurance coordination
Disasters don't happen on a regular 9am-5pm schedule, so our services don’t either! SERVPRO of Orland Park is available to you 24/7. If your home or business has recently experienced flooding or water damage, call us today!
When Storms Hit Orland Park, SERVPRO is Ready!
SERVPRO has crews ready to respond 24/7 to your water damage emergency.
SERVPRO of Orland Park has experience restoring homes affected by storms and flooding. We can respond immediately with highly trained technicians who employ specialized equipment and techniques to restore your home or business back to pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Orland Park, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (708) 532-3377.
Oak Forest Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage can cause a pervasive odor in your home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Orland Park will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (708) 532-3377
Quality Service Options For Mold Removal in Orland Park, IL
Every mold infestation is different
Mold-this can be a scary word for home owners. No one wants to find out that their home is subject to mold and mildew but it happens every day. It is not uncommon for mold to be present in the home due to a number of factors such as water damage from leaky pipes or a natural event such as flooding due to excessive rains. Whatever the case may be, it is essential to have access to trained technicians for mold removal in Orland Park.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (708) 532-3377
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (708) 532-3377
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Orland Park is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Orland Park community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
Be safe and enjoy your summer!
With summer just around the corner, we would like to offer a few safety fire tips.
- If you or someone in your family likes to grill, make sure to use long-handled barbecue tools.
- Only use your grill outside and keep it away from siding and deck rails.
- Clean your grill after each use. This will remove grease that can start a fire.
- Open your gas grill before lighting.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- Keep a 3-foot safe zone around grills, fire pits and campfires.
- Attend public fireworks displays; this leaves the lighting to the professionals.
- Build campfires at least 15 feet away from tent walls, shrubs or other materials that burn.
You can check out the SERVPRO Memorial Day fire video here:
Restore Your Orland Park Commercial Property After Water Damage
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Orland Park commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Orland Park
SERVPRO of Orland Park specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Meet Our Crew
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- HST - Health and safety Technician
- FCT - Floor Care (Hard Surfaces) Technician
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- OSHA - Other Training
- UFT - Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- RCT - Rug Cleaning Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation