Thinking About Hosting A Barbecue And Firing Up The Grill?
If you are told to picture fire damage, you might visualize flames roaring through a house leaving only black debris in its path.
Household fires can start in various ways, especially during the hot summer months when people are hosting barbecues and firing up their grill.
There are potential sources of fire all throughout a household that many homeowners tend to overlook. Here are a few safety tips to prevent fire in several different areas of you home:
- Clean out the lint buildup on the lint filter after every load of laundry.
- Only dry items that are safe to be put in a dryer.
- Fire Pits
- When building a fire pit strategically place it at least 10 feet from any structure.
- Build your fire pit on a solid surface that is away from overhanging trees.
- NEVER leave the fireplace unattended.
- Gas Grills
- Place the grill outside, at a reasonable distance from the house.
- Constantly check the grill’s propane hoses durability.
- Never light a gas grill with the lid closed.
If you have recently experienced a fire in your home or business, call SERVPRO today at (708) 532-3377 - 24 Hours/7 Days A Week!