Mold Removal In Palos Heights
Mold growth can begin anywhere from 2-3 days after a storm causes water damage. The mold is a harmful issue, and it can negatively affect your health, house, and the contents within your home. As the length of exposure to storm water damage increases, the chance for air spores that spread mold also escalates. Mold remediation becomes more challenging as the signs of mold growth that include musty odors, and discolored surfaces, become more apparent.
Our highly trained mold removal technicians use the latest technology and tools to quickly address your mold problem in a manner that effectively removes mold colonies. Unlike DIY techniques, our SERVPRO professional service does not carry the risk of improperly removing mold, in this way, expediting a more rapid return to a healthy home environment. We are also trained and licensed to handle lead, asbestos and other dangerous materials that may show up during the mold removal process.
We are available 24 per day. Before your appointment, be sure to:
- Inventory damaged and missing goods for your insurance claim.
- Throw away all sealed and unsealed food and beverage contacted by storm flood waters.
- Open windows and doors.
- Refrain from using electrical devices until it is safe.
- Remove standing water when possible.
- Use dehumidifiers and fans to ventilate your home; SERVPRO can perform this task upon arrival.
Our mold remediation technician will also determine if any contents in your home are salvageable. Porous items that are wet for over 48 hours and cannot be completely dried and cleaned must be disposed of.
This list includes carpet, carpet padding, ceiling tiles, clothing, drywall, floor tiles, insulation, leather goods, paper, upholstery, wallpaper and wood items.
When our mold remediation expert arrives, he will:
- Apply biocides.
- Decide whether or not you can stay in your house during the mold remediation process.
- Determine if additional ventilation and containment is needed.
- Look for mold in the HVAC system and biological hazards in the home.
- Test for any additional mold after the mold remediation process.
- Use quick structural drying techniques.
Preventing Winter Water Damage
Fall is here and winter is fast approaching. Fall is the time to perform a few simple checks to ensure you home is prepared for the cold winter ahead.
Ice dams can be a common problem in the winter for houses that get regular snowfall. The dams form when snow melts and runs down your roof and refreezes near the edge. This happens when your roof wars to above 32 degrees F which is warm enough to melt the snow while the roof edge remains below freezing.
The key to preventing ice dams is simply to keep your attic and roof cold. Here are some tips on doing that:
- Close up attic bypasses
- Add roof and sofit vents
- Check your attic insulation level and add more if you have less than 8 inches.
If you do already have an ice dam and are unable to remove the snow from the roof, best way to get rid of it is to hire a roofing company to steam it off.
For more information and suggestions, check out this great article on Preventing Ice Dams
If you have water damage in your home, we can certainly help with that. Contact us 24/7 365 days a year 708-532-3377 we are here to help!
Preventing A Dryer Fire In Your Orland Park Home
The U.S. Fire Administration reports there are 2,900 dryer fires reported each year. The damage from these fires totals to a staggering 35 million dollars. With so much at risk, it is important to understand what can cause a dryer fire and how to prevent them in your home.
CLEAN THE LINT FILTER
A clogged lint filter is the leading contributing factor in dryer fires. 34 percent of reported dryer fires is due to failing to clean out the lint trap according to the U.S. Fire Administration.
A good habit to get into is every time you unload the dryer, clean out the lint trap. If you are putting a new load of wet clothes in the dryer, double check that the lint trap is clean to lower your risk of fire. Clean filters also allow the dryer to run more efficiently, allowing your wet clothes to dry faster and preventing your machine from overheating.
INSPECT DRYER DUCTS REGULARLY
If the dryer vent or ducts are blocked, this can also cause a dryer fire. Check your ducts once a month to ensure there are no blockages. Blockages can come from an accumulation of lint, an animal that is nesting inside, or a snow buildup over the outside vent.
Accidents can still happen, even despite your best efforts. If your Orland Park house has been damaged by smoke or fire, call SERVPRO of Orland Park (708) 532-3377. We have the resources to get your life back to normal as quickly as possible.
Commercial Storm Damage Cleanup in Palos Heights, IL
The weather in the Chicago area can be very unpredictable. We can experience heavy rains in a short period of time causing the sewer systems to back up and streets to flood.
If you see there is a flash flood watch, this means that a flash flood is possible. A flash flood warning means that a flood is about to happen or already taking place. If a flash flood occurs, you should make sure everyone gets to higher ground as quickly as possible.
Your business can prepare for any potential disaster, including flash floods. Keep all essential equipment and documents elevated from the floor. Ideally, they should be stored on the second floor of the building or higher. Back-up electronic data daily to cloud storage or to an external drive so the files can still be accessed in the event of a disaster.
It is a good idea to have a battery-powered radio available on-site. In case of a power outage, you and your staff can keep updated on the current conditions. (FEMA) The Federal Emergency Management Agency provides a list of recommended supplies in the event of a disaster, such as a flashlight and first aid kit.
SERVPRO of Orland Park can help your business get back on track after flooding or other disasters. Call us today for more information or a free inspection (708) 532-3377.
Commercial Water Damage Cleanup in Orland Park
Flooding and water damage events at Orland Park commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
Fire Damage Restoration In Orland Park, IL
When a fire happens in your home or business, lives are suddenly turned around. Recovery can be a mentally and physically draining process. So who do you contact and where do you begin?
- Contact your insurance company for detailed instructions on temporary housing, protecting the property, and conducting inventory. They will recommend a fire damage restoration company such as SERVPRO of Orland Park who are experienced with the process.
- Before you enter your residence, make sure it is safe. Check with the fire department to make sure there was no structural damage caused by the fire. They should also see that the utilities are disconnected before they leave or are safe to use.
- Conduct an inventory of damaged property and items. Take photographs of everything you can. Do not throw anything away until this has been done.
- If possible, locate your valuable documents and records.
- Be sure to let your local police department know if you are not going to be staying in your home while the repairs are made.
- Save any receipts for money you spend related to the fire loss. Your insurance company may need them later for verification.
- Notify your mortgage company of the fire.
For more tips and information on fires, you can check out the U.S. Fire Administration website.
Mold Removal in Oak Forest, IL
Did you know that mold can spread in as little as 48 hours?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Sewage Damage Cleanup in Palos Heights, IL
If you are or have been victim to sewage damage in your home or business, you know it requires immediate attention and action. Performing sewage cleanup encompasses risks along with dealing with water damage to your structure. It is important to make sure that the cleanup is done properly and safely. Exposure to bacteria and virus can lead to serious illness and are often encountered in sewage water. You should immediately take action and call a restoration company to do this.
The SERVPRO crew will assess the category of water as clean water, gray water or black water and make preparations to properly clean it up.
When on-site, the crew will inspect the scope of the sewage damage, including the interior and exterior. If necessary, they will remove all furniture and possessions, this includes carpeting. All the items that can be saved should be removed and properly cleaned. They will also take care to make sure there is no cross-contamination to prevent the spread of sewage damage.
After all the contaminated areas have been removed, the remaining area will be thoroughly cleaned with specialized industrial cleaners.
The areas will then be dried using high velocity fans and dehumidifiers.
We offer professional sewage cleanup services and will work with you and your insurance company. For more information visit www.SERVPROORLANDPARK.com or call us now 708-532-3377.
Water Damage Restoration in Palos Heights
Summer is here and every day we are hoping for sunshine and warm temperatures. As we have already experienced, there are rain showers and thunderstorms that go along with the warm humid temperatures. That being said, thunderstorms, and other severe weather can be a real headache for homeowners. This type of weather brings the potential for flooded basements and waterlogged backyards. If you’re dealing with a flooded basement, it may be time to call SERVPRO of Orland Park to assist you with your water damage restoration.
Natural disasters can hit at any time. Sometimes, this causes water damage and flooded basements or maybe even entire homes. When these disasters hit, it always seems to be at the worst time and it can be very devastating. From soaking wet carpets and floors to water damaged walls and furniture, disasters such as these can be quite stressful, leaving you and your family with a heavy burden on your shoulders. Not only can flooding cause structural damage and loss of possessions, but it can also bring the threat of mold, which can be cause undue worry, and put a strain on your finances.
When water damages your home, if you act quickly, you can eliminate the risk of the damage intensifying. Our teams at SERVPRO of Orland Park can handle your restoration needs. We are available 24/7 365 days a year to provide an immediate response.
Call us today 708-532-3377 to set up your appointment for water damage restoration services. We provide water damage restoration services without damage to your pocketbook.
It's The Water You Don't See
Your home should be your place of rest. But when water begins leaking, even small leaks in areas you can't see, your home could quickly become a source of stress. The possibility of harmful mold, rot and unseen damage may affect the value of your home and the health of loved ones.
SERVPRO of Orland Park is trained to safely clean and restore your home utilizing the following procedures:
- Identify the source/type of water.
- Measure temperature and humidity for drying analysis.
- Survey the extent of damage and inspect the premises for hidden moisture.
- Perform emergency water extraction.
- Move and block furniture and contents.
- Inspect carpet pad/carpet and provide service.
- Apply necessary treatments (disinfectants/deodorization)
- Utilize advanced drying and monitoring equipment.
- Dispose of refuse.
If water damage occurs in your home, call us today (708) 532-3377.