Commercial Storm Damage Cleanup in Palos Heights, IL
The weather in the Chicago area can be very unpredictable. We can experience heavy rains in a short period of time causing the sewer systems to back up and streets to flood.
If you see there is a flash flood watch, this means that a flash flood is possible. A flash flood warning means that a flood is about to happen or already taking place. If a flash flood occurs, you should make sure everyone gets to higher ground as quickly as possible.
Your business can prepare for any potential disaster, including flash floods. Keep all essential equipment and documents elevated from the floor. Ideally, they should be stored on the second floor of the building or higher. Back-up electronic data daily to cloud storage or to an external drive so the files can still be accessed in the event of a disaster.
It is a good idea to have a battery-powered radio available on-site. In case of a power outage, you and your staff can keep updated on the current conditions. (FEMA) The Federal Emergency Management Agency provides a list of recommended supplies in the event of a disaster, such as a flashlight and first aid kit.
SERVPRO of Orland Park can help your business get back on track after flooding or other disasters. Call us today for more information or a free inspection (708) 532-3377.
Commercial Water Damage Cleanup in Orland Park
Flooding and water damage events at Orland Park commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
Fire Damage Restoration In Orland Park, IL
When a fire happens in your home or business, lives are suddenly turned around. Recovery can be a mentally and physically draining process. So who do you contact and where do you begin?
- Contact your insurance company for detailed instructions on temporary housing, protecting the property, and conducting inventory. They will recommend a fire damage restoration company such as SERVPRO of Orland Park who are experienced with the process.
- Before you enter your residence, make sure it is safe. Check with the fire department to make sure there was no structural damage caused by the fire. They should also see that the utilities are disconnected before they leave or are safe to use.
- Conduct an inventory of damaged property and items. Take photographs of everything you can. Do not throw anything away until this has been done.
- If possible, locate your valuable documents and records.
- Be sure to let your local police department know if you are not going to be staying in your home while the repairs are made.
- Save any receipts for money you spend related to the fire loss. Your insurance company may need them later for verification.
- Notify your mortgage company of the fire.
For more tips and information on fires, you can check out the U.S. Fire Administration website.
Mold Removal in Oak Forest, IL
Did you know that mold can spread in as little as 48 hours?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Sewage Damage Cleanup in Palos Heights, IL
If you are or have been victim to sewage damage in your home or business, you know it requires immediate attention and action. Performing sewage cleanup encompasses risks along with dealing with water damage to your structure. It is important to make sure that the cleanup is done properly and safely. Exposure to bacteria and virus can lead to serious illness and are often encountered in sewage water. You should immediately take action and call a restoration company to do this.
The SERVPRO crew will assess the category of water as clean water, gray water or black water and make preparations to properly clean it up.
When on-site, the crew will inspect the scope of the sewage damage, including the interior and exterior. If necessary, they will remove all furniture and possessions, this includes carpeting. All the items that can be saved should be removed and properly cleaned. They will also take care to make sure there is no cross-contamination to prevent the spread of sewage damage.
After all the contaminated areas have been removed, the remaining area will be thoroughly cleaned with specialized industrial cleaners.
The areas will then be dried using high velocity fans and dehumidifiers.
We offer professional sewage cleanup services and will work with you and your insurance company. For more information visit www.SERVPROORLANDPARK.com or call us now 708-532-3377.
Water Damage Restoration in Palos Heights
Summer is here and every day we are hoping for sunshine and warm temperatures. As we have already experienced, there are rain showers and thunderstorms that go along with the warm humid temperatures. That being said, thunderstorms, and other severe weather can be a real headache for homeowners. This type of weather brings the potential for flooded basements and waterlogged backyards. If you’re dealing with a flooded basement, it may be time to call SERVPRO of Orland Park to assist you with your water damage restoration.
Natural disasters can hit at any time. Sometimes, this causes water damage and flooded basements or maybe even entire homes. When these disasters hit, it always seems to be at the worst time and it can be very devastating. From soaking wet carpets and floors to water damaged walls and furniture, disasters such as these can be quite stressful, leaving you and your family with a heavy burden on your shoulders. Not only can flooding cause structural damage and loss of possessions, but it can also bring the threat of mold, which can be cause undue worry, and put a strain on your finances.
When water damages your home, if you act quickly, you can eliminate the risk of the damage intensifying. Our teams at SERVPRO of Orland Park can handle your restoration needs. We are available 24/7 365 days a year to provide an immediate response.
Call us today 708-532-3377 to set up your appointment for water damage restoration services. We provide water damage restoration services without damage to your pocketbook.
It's The Water You Don't See
Your home should be your place of rest. But when water begins leaking, even small leaks in areas you can't see, your home could quickly become a source of stress. The possibility of harmful mold, rot and unseen damage may affect the value of your home and the health of loved ones.
SERVPRO of Orland Park is trained to safely clean and restore your home utilizing the following procedures:
- Identify the source/type of water.
- Measure temperature and humidity for drying analysis.
- Survey the extent of damage and inspect the premises for hidden moisture.
- Perform emergency water extraction.
- Move and block furniture and contents.
- Inspect carpet pad/carpet and provide service.
- Apply necessary treatments (disinfectants/deodorization)
- Utilize advanced drying and monitoring equipment.
- Dispose of refuse.
If water damage occurs in your home, call us today (708) 532-3377.
Water Damage In One Of Your Managed Properties
At SERVPRO of Orland Park our priority is returning damage property and items to their preloss condition. Whether natural or man-made, a disaster at one of your client's facilities needs to be handled by professionals who understand the importance of your tenants' safety. Our teams are trained in helping manage both commercial and multi-family properties during the recovery process while maintaining the security and safety of the facility and tenants. Our professionals work hard and fast to minimize the interruptions for your tenants' daily operations.
Our experience with property management companies has given us the ability to provide a variety of detailed services for the following types of facilities:
- Multi-Level Commercial Buildings
- Multi-Tenant Facilities
- Shopping Malls
- Apartment Complexes
- Industrial Facilities
Many businesses have an emergency contingency plan in place, but few have a detailed understanding of how to get back into their buildings following a disaster. For more information or if you have experienced water damage in one of your properties call us today (708)532-3377.
Being Prepared For A Storm In Orland Park
Unexpected emergencies like severe weather call for immediate action. Here are a few tips to help you be better prepared when a storm rolls into town.
- Build an emergency supply kit and make a family communication plan.
- Remove dead or rotting trees and branches that could fall and cause injury or damage during a severe thunderstorm.
- Postpone outdoor activities.
- Remember the 30/30 Lightning Safety Rule: Go indoors if, after seeing lightning, you cannot count to 30 before hearing thunder. Stay indoors for 30 minutes after hearing the last clap of thunder.
- Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage.
- Get inside a home, building, or hard top automobile (not a convertible). Although you may be injured if lightning strikes your car, you are much safer inside a vehicle than outside.
- Remember , rubber-soled shoes and rubber tires provide NO protection from lightning. However, the steel frame of a hard-topped vehicle provides increased protection if you are not touching metal.
- Shutter windows and secure outside doors. If shutters are not available, close window blinds, shades or curtains.
- Unplug any electronic equipment well before the storm arrives.
If you have storm damage to your home or property, call us today (708)532-3377. Timely mitigation is key to minimize secondary damages caused by storms.
Putting Out A Fire Can Be Worse Than The Fire Itself
The first 48 hours after fire damage occurs can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO of Orland Park can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. We provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke and soot removal to contents claims inventory and document restoration. These services help ensure your property, belongings and memories are restored to preloss condition when possible.
A back-draft of emotions often sweeps over the homeowners after a fire ravages a home. Fear, uncertainty, stress and doubt about the future of the property can overwhelm the homeowner long after the flames have been extinguished and the smoke has cleared.
So after the first wave of heroes have rescued the property, let SERVPRO of Orland Park help you restore it. With the industry-approved training to employ rapid response, the utmost professionalism, cutting-edge technology and open communication, we strive to restore not only the home, but the customer's peace of mind, as well.
SERVPRO of Orland Park has crews available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year call us today (708) 532-3377.